Contact Richard Yemm:Office: 310-570-4088
Office Location:Los Angeles Immigration Law Office
1416 2nd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Richard Yemm is a partner in the Los Angeles office and is admitted to practice law in both California and New York state. He is certified by the California State Bar as an Immigration and Nationality Law Specialist. Having graduated with honors from the University of Exeter School of Law in the United Kingdom, he prepares and assists clients with a wide range of diverse cases including entertainment, investor, business and marriage/family-based non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions, in addition to applications for U.S. citizenship and assisting with corporate I-9 compliance audits.
Mr. Yemm’s practice also focuses on analysis of immigration consequences of U.S. and foreign criminal convictions and immigrant and non-immigrant waivers of inadmissibility, where he has successfully overturned grounds of inadmissibility at numerous embassies and consulates around the world. In addition, he has successfully represented clients in removal proceedings in both the Los Angeles and San Diego immigration courts and is currently serving as the CBP Liaison for the Southern California Chapter of AILA.
Articles, Publications, & Speaking Engagements
- Chapter in AILA's Guide to U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Law, Chapter Author, Becoming an American: Requirements for Naturalization and Potential Pitfalls, AILA, 2014
- AILA National - Annual Conference, Boston, Discussion Leader, May I See Your Papers - A Discussion About Post-Entry Documentation Issues, AILA National, 2014
- AILA Southern California Chapter Winter Conference, Speaker, Update on Non-Traditional Entries in Adjustment Cases under Quilantan and DACA, 2015
- AILA National – Annual Conference, Las Vegas – Discussion Leader, Immigration 102: Government Agencies, AILA National 2016
- AILA National – Annual Conference, New Orleans – Discussion Leader, Basics of Consular Practice: Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa, AILA National 2017