- All applicants applying after Dec. 1, 2020 will take the updated test.
- Prior applicants will take the previous iteration of the test.
- Passing score remains at 60 percent (12 questions out of 20 correct).
- Previous test was 10 total questions.
- Applicants who are 65 years old or older and have at least 20 years of lawful permanent resident status are allotted a minimum of six out of 10 questions to pass.
The test items and study guides can be found on the Citizenship Resource Center on the USCIS website. USCIS has also updated the USCIS Policy Manual accordingly; see Volume 12, Part E, English and Civics Testing and Exceptions, Chapter 2, English and Civics Testing.