Oakland Immigration Law Office
428 Alice Street, Suite 231
Oakland, CA 94607
- University of Washington, J.D.
- University of California – Berkeley, B.A.
Charina P. Garcia is a partner at Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP and manages the firm’s Northern California – Oakland office. She represents and advises many Fortune 500 and start-up companies, as well as individuals on both employment and family-based immigration matters.
Ms. Garcia is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). She has served on the Executive Board of the Northern California Chapter of AILA and was the Vice-Chair of the AILA National Liaison Committee for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service’s California Service Center. In addition, Ms. Garcia has served on the Board of Directors for Filipino Advocates for Justice (formerly Filipinos for Affirmative Action) and has previously served on the Board for the Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (FBANC). She was also a member of the faculty of Law Review CLE, Sterling Education Services and Lorman Education Services, which provides continuing education seminars.
Ms. Garcia earned a Juris Doctorate from the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington. While attending the University of Washington, she argued successfully before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and participated in the Refugee and Immigrant Advocacy Clinic. She completed her undergraduate degree at the University of California, Berkeley earning a major in Economics and a minor in Asian-American Studies. Ms. Garcia is also admitted to argue before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Awards & Recognition
– Co-Chair, AILA California Service Center Liaison
– Northern California Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2018
– Successfully argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Articles, Publications, & Speaking Engagements
– “Sailing through a Storm: Developing a Global Mobility & Immigration Playbook,” Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Global Mobility & Immigration Symposium, November 2020
– Filipina Women’s Network (FWN) – 100 Most Influential Filipinas in the World Award, 2019
– San Jose State University 2018: The Road to Winning the H-1B Lottery
– Filipina Women’s Network (FWN) 2018: Female Entrepreneurship Workshop
– AILA NorCal Business Immigration Roundtable, 2018
– National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Western Regional Conference 2017: Transitioning from the Tickler File to the Virtual Office: Effectively Using Technology for a Solo/Small Firm Law Practice
– NAPABA Newsletter Member Spotlight, 2016
– Doing Business in The U.S.: A Guide to U.S. Law for Malaysian Businesses – University of Malaysia 2016
– NAPABA National Conference 2014: Social Disproportions Between Immigrant Groups in the United States
– AILA Conference Panel Speaker, 2005 – 2017
– Blackbox and Incubator Presentations: Immigration for Entrepreneurs, 2013
– Thoits Law: What Every Employer Needs to Know About the New I-9 Form, SSA “No-Match” Letters
– CPA Seminar: Non-Immigrants, Lawful Permanent Residents and U.S. Citizens: Common Questions that Arise Surrounding Tax Issues
– NAFSA Regional Conference: Beyond the F-1
– Santa Clara University, Holy Names University and The Art Institute