Brigitte Hocking is a U.S. immigration lawyer with over 20 years of experience providing strategic advice to Fortune 500 and smaller companies while successfully managing their immigration programs. Her approach leads to compliant policy development, cost savings and long-term client relationships built on trust. She is known as an empathetic lawyer with a keen appreciation of the importance of immigration on the lives of foreign nationals in the U.S.
Ms. Hocking’s experience includes managing immigration programs in a variety of industries. She assists with PERM, H-1B, L-1, E, and H-3 training visas for multinational corporations including software firms, banking and Hispanic product companies. She advises companies on the proper use of B-1 business visitor visas and assists with preparing for government audits and site-visits. Partnering with General Counsel and HR representatives, she provides immigration compliance advice, best practice strategies, policy recommendations and U.S. immigration law training in both English and Spanish.
Articles, Publications, & Speaking Engagements
– Speaker/Presenter at Texas Immigration Coalition of In-House Professionals, Lunch Series, “Current Trends in U.S. Immigration – Non-Immigrant Work Visas and Permanent Residence/PERM,” Plano, Texas, 2015 and 2016
– Speaker/Presenter at University of Texas at Arlington, International Student Organization, “Immigration Options for Employment and Permanent Residence,” March 2014 and 2015
– Keynote Speaker at Seminar on “US Business Immigration Law” sponsored by ANADE (The National Association of Corporate Attorneys in Mexico) – Mexico City, September 2013
– Speaker/Presenter at the American Chemical Society Convention, “Overcoming Barriers: Current Issues Facing Chemical Professionals,” New Orleans, Louisiana, April 2008
– Speaker/Presenter at Business Immigration Law Seminar hosted by Lorman Education Services, Houston, Texas, September 2007
– Speaker/Presenter at the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas on “L-1 visas and Multinational Manager Employment Based Immigrant Petitions,” Dallas, Texas, 1999
– Interviewed by Univision Television as a local expert on U.S. immigration H-1B visa matters, Dallas, Texas, 2000
– Collaborator: Dahl’s Law Dictionary /Diccionario Juridico Dahl: Spanish-English / English-Spanish (Spanish Edition) (Spanish and English Edition), Third Edition (1997)
– American Immigration Lawyers Association