Allison-Claire Acker is a 1988 graduate of the UCLA School of Law, and was recently named Southern California’s Top Female Attorney of the Year by Los Angeles Magazine. She has over thirty years of immigration law experience, counseling individuals and corporations with regard to all aspects of entertainment, family and employment-related immigration law. Ms. Acker assists both individuals and corporate clients to obtain both non-immigrant and immigrant visas in almost every US immigration category. She advises corporate clients regarding the immigration consequences of mergers and acquisitions. She also represents foreign investors with regard to visa options.
Ms. Acker has been ranked by Super Lawyers since 2011, and she has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration since 2017. She is a noted speaker at immigration conferences, seminars and local universities. She is also the author of several immigration related articles. She is currently in charge of the immigration section of the Santa Monica Bar Association as well as one of its trustees, in addition to being a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Associations Immigration section, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Mexican American Bar Association and the Japanese American Bar Association. Most recently, Ms. Acker was AILA’s Southern California Chapter Advocacy Event Co-Chair. She has also been reappointed as an Advisory Committee member to the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy, representing the County of Los Angeles. She is a member of the County Emergency Planning Task Force and a founding member of the LA County Equine Response Team. Ms. Acker also served on the UCLA School of Law Alumni Board of Directors.
Awards & Recognition
– Super Lawyers (2011-2016)
– Super Lawyers National Business Edition (2016 and 2018) Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Immigration (2017-2018)
– Southern California’s Top Female Attorney of the Year (2016)
– Santa Monica Bar Association
– Los Angeles County Bar Association
– American Immigration Lawyers Association
– Advisory Member to the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy Co-Chair of the Immigration Section of Santa Monica Bar Association
– Founder and Member of the LA County Equine Response Team
– Member of the TEM County Emergency Planning Task Force